Leveraging Global Best Practises
We are now living in the early stages of fourth industrial revolution (4.0) which is bringing together digital, physical and biological systems. New concepts of innovation are emerging that hopefully will focus on inclusiveness and diversity in the context of setting new standards of social equity. Policies to support such approaches can help extend the benefits of innovation to previously excluded groups and promote the cause of marginalized groups. SSF endeavours to approach the entrenched social issues, with its partners, to provide innovative, tech-enabled solutions which are sustainable and can be scaled up.
What we did
- Tech lab came into existence with the aim of making students do implementable projects using current technology e.g. Robotics, self-balancing human transporter (Segway), micro bit-based security warning, RC car (miniature version).
- Tech lab creates an ecosystem which encourages curiosity, questioning of the status -quo among students and teachers to fuel passion for STEM learning.
- Tech lab’s experiential (hands on) learning is in concurrence with NEP2020.
- SSF’s fablab is anexperimental learning space for local innovation system
- SSF’s prototyping space is intended for students, researchers, entrepreneurs and corporate partners to create and develop innovative products
- SSF’s fablab opens the possibility of democratization of technology, making technological innovation an increasingly bottom – up process
- SSF’s multi-modal e-Vehicle is an excellent display of using frontier technology (use of interrelated and interdependent technologies
-IOT, drones etc.)
- SSF uses big data and IOT to increase the price discovery options for Agri produce by allowing farmers to chose best options to sell.
- Convergence of mobile and cloud computing, sensor deployment in machinery, and other technologies promises to provide quantum leaps in precision farming.
- SSF provides IOT enabled healthcare diagnostics in rural areas to generate awareness and to conduct diagnostics tests.
- Taking health diagnostics to villages to conduct tests at less than 20% the cost with quick turnaround time.
- Collation of health data for policy advocacy.
Incubators / Accelators
- SSF’s incubators involve training struggling MSMEs in marketing, Tech adoption and help them with buyback arrangements.
- SSF’s incubators bring government policies and documentation support to small businesses.
- SSF is working with SIDBI and other sponsoring organizations to set up ‘Value Added Incubation centers’ in the Universities to their experts and students for sustained support.
- SSF endeavours to build an information inventory and knowledge bank for pre-harvest and post-harvest scenarios in identified geographies.
- Tech solutions are in production support category e.g., GPS enabled solutions, IOT- driven irrigation automation, Drone- based pest capture and market support category e.g., RFID, supply chain automation, pricing auto- trigger systems etc. SSF is exploring ways to scale it up.
- Other frontier technologies which can support small holders e.g., digital solutions for weather information, Market Price in for etc.